Applications are open for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2019 based at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Apply by March 18.
FOSSEE (Free/Libre and Open Source Software in Education) project is funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD. The FOSSEE team works on ‘Adaption and Development of Open Source Simulation packages equivalent to proprietary software’ and is based at IIT Bombay.
All college (bachelors, masters, Ph.D. etc.) Students from all streams(engineering, science, arts, commerce etc.) are welcomed to participate in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2019.
|Registrations open||1 February 2019|
Last date of registration and to submit tasks
31 March 2019
Announcement of Results
18 April 2019
Commencement of Fellowship (tentative)
14 May 2019
- To register and enroll, click here.
- The registered participants have to select a topic from the below table and submit a screening task for the selected topic.
- The details of the topic and screening tasks for each is given in the table under “Topics for the screening task submission” tab.
- For the topics under: “Tasks which require proposal and acceptance”, the participants have to first make a proposal and submit the tasks only after the acceptance of the proposal.
- For the topics mentioned under “Tasks which do not require proposal and acceptance”, the participant has to directly submit the task without any proposal.
- The completed tasks will be reviewed by the domain experts in the FOSSEE team.
- After the review, the selected participants will be called for the fellowship at IIT Bombay.
- The participants who have completed the tasks but are not called for the Fellowship will be getting the soft copy of the certificate for the successful completion of the task
- If the participant selects a task under “Tasks that require submitting a proposal and accepting it” and has completed it, then the participant will be eligible for honorarium and certificate.
- The FOSSEE team encourages you to select and work only on one of the topic/task mentioned in the above table. If you select to work on more than one topic/project the chances for the selection of the fellowship will be decreased.
- Each task should be taken up by an individual only. We do not encourage group submissions.
- Honorarium (if any) will be as per FOSSEE norms.
- Kindly make sure that your submission files do not contain any copyrighted content.
- FOSSEE team shall evaluate the submissions and declare the final list of selected candidates for fellowship on basis of the completeness, correctness and the quality of the tasks submitted.
- FOSSEE team reserves the right for the selection and rejection of the FOSSEE fellows. This decision shall be final and non-questionable.