The Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University is going to conduct its Ph.D. Entrance Test on 14th July, 2019 for enrolment in Ph.D. Programme in Forestry.
The candidates, who are interested for registration as research scholar for the Ph.D. Degree in Forestry in Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University Dehradun for the term of March 2020 are advised to apply in prescribed form latest by 31.05.2019 with a fee of Rs.1500/- through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun.
Scheme of the Entrance Test:
- The duration of Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be of 2.30 hours.
- Each multiple choice question contains 1 number and there shall be no negative marking.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/teacher fellowship holder will be allowed to appear for the interview directly without appearing in the written entrance test.
- However, the candidates who have qualified GATE will also be allowed to appear for the interview directly without appearing in the written entrance test subject to securing of 50 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of General candidates and 45 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, failing which they shall have to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Last date for submission of form:05.2019.
- Date of Exam of Entrance Test:07.2019.
How to Apply:
The application form is to be submitted to the research centre concerned (listed here) where a candidate wants to carry out his/her research. The Nodal Officer of the Research Centre will send the application forms to the FRI Deemed to be University. The forms directly send to FRI Deemed to be University shall not be entertained. Applicants for FRI research centre may directly submit their forms to the Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University.
For further details on the same, click here.