Online applications are invited for admission to the Foreign Language Program at IIT Kanpur for 2021-22.
The Language Programme was established in the early years of IIT Kanpur and acquired a more formal structure during the 1970s. For more than 50 years now, our wide variety of language courses have been helping students widen their intellectual horizons and get better integrated within an international working environment. The programme is organized by the Centre for Continuing Education of IIT Kanpur.
Germany, positioned at the heart of Europe, is a confluence of science, art and philosophy. Additionally, the Germans are known for their discipline, punctuality and precision. Germany has always been known for its engineering precision and technological wizardry. Benz, BMW, Bosch, Daimler, Siemens and many more have made Germany the largest economy in all of Europe.
FRENCH is spoken in many countries – not just in France! It is the official language in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Seychelles, Morocco, Ivory Coast – to name just a few. In fact, it is the only language spoken on all five continents.
The French are very proud of their language and will immediately warm to you if you speak it – even if you make a few mistakes. Since there are no hard consonants in the French language, it is easy on the ear. It is a language of precision and musicality.
Schedule & Timing
- Classes will be held online on Zoom/Google Meet
- Level 2 Timing: 6:00 – 7:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Level 1 Timing: 7:00 – 8:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
- For the Level I course, the minimum qualification is Class 10.
- For the Level II course, the minimum qualification is Class 10 and Level I in the relevant language.
- IIT Kanpur Students: Rs. 6000/- Per Year
- IITK Employee: Rs. 6000/- Per Year
- IITK Wards: Rs. 7080/- (Including 18% GST) Per Year
- External (Non- IIT Kanpur): Rs. 15000/- (Including 18% GST) Per Year
To register for the foreign language program, click here.
The last date to register is July 14, 2021.