Applications are invited for the Internship Programme of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries, and forestry.
About the FAO Internship:
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes.
At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
3 months – 11 months.
FAO Headquarters- Rome, Italy.
FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
Click here to apply.