About the Fellowship
With a view of enhancing the spread of Science and Technology in the specific regions of the country, the Inter-Academy Panel has initiated the Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF]. The fellowship is provided by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj.
This coming year (2021) our focus will be on the North Eastern States of the country and the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh and the FAST-SF will be for students and teachers studying/working in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh.
No. of Fellowships
About 200 fellowships will be offered during 2021 to students/teachers studying/working in these states, to work with scientists associated with three Academies’ anywhere in the country.
Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
- Teachers working in North-Eastern states, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh only need apply.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above. The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- PhD students are not eligible.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year though summer months are preferred.
- Information of selection along with concurrence of the guide will be despatched around February–March 2021. The selected students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
Nov 30, 2020
For more details, click the link below.