About the Organisation
NLUD: National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
About Project 39A: Project 39A (hereinafter ‘P39A’) draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our work on the criminal justice system in India. We undertake litigation, research and outreach relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, forensic psychiatry and death penalty.
Fair Trial Fellowship (FTF): The FAC shall be responsible for finance and administrative work for the FTF offices in Pune and Nagpur. The FTF is an initiative of Project 39A to train and mentor a group of young professionals (lawyers and social workers) to work with the State Legal Aid machinery towards ensuring a fair trial for undertrial prisoners in Pune and Nagpur.
The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) is seeking to engage one “Finance and Administrative Coordinator” (FAC) to work with and further the aims of the Project 39A.
Position: The University through Project 39A is seeking to engage on an annual contractual basis one FAC for the Project 39A. The contract can be extended by another year on the basis of availability of funds or at the discretion of the University. The position is based on the University Campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Graduate or Postgraduate Qualifications in Commerce/Accounts/Finance.
- Knowledge of accounting systems of public university/PSU/Government body desirable. Ability to work in a team and fulfil accounting requirements in the public sector.
- Working experience/knowledge of NGO accounting, administration, grant management, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting concepts, rules and conventions.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with software like Tally 9 accounting software, Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is compulsory.
- Familiarity with conversational Hindi is preferable. Ability to read/write/speak Marathi will be an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be Rs. 40,000/- per month.
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working with the Project 39A.
The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words. Please send your resumé and statement of purpose to p39arecruitment[at]nludelhi.ac.in. The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for Finance and Administrative Coordinator:FTF2019/D/A/F02)”.
Applications must reach us no later than midnight of November 15, 2019, after which the applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed via email.