The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt of India is organising Short Film Competition on Divyangjan Sashaktikaran 2017 – Short Films, Short Documentaries and TV Spots in association with Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India.
The Competition is being organised in order to create awareness on Accessible India Campaign and to promote various schemes of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) (DEPwD) among common masses.
The Department invites entries from common citizens. The participants may submit their entries shot with any electronic devices in HD format only.
Guidelines and Prizes:
‘Short Films’ could be made on various schemes of DEPwD viz:
- Fellowship & Scholarship of DEPwD
- Beneficiaries of Cochlear Implant, Distribution of Assistive Devices and Tricycle under Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase / Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP Scheme), DEPwD
- Loan beneficiaries of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), DEPwD
- Beneficiaries of Accessible Buildings under Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA), DEPwD
- Beneficiaries of NGOs taking grant –in-aid under Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS), DEPwD
- Various skill development initiatives of the DEPwD for Persons with Disabilities Duration of the Short Film should not be more than 5 minutes
Winners of the competition will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 4,00,000 for each scheme.
The ‘Short Documentaries’ should be based on Accessible India Campaign and should not more than 30 minutes of duration. Winners of the contest will be awarded Rs. 5,00,000 and Rs. 3,00,000 for First and Second positions respectively.
The ‘TV Spots’ should be based on Accessible India Campaign theme and the duration should not be more than 50 seconds of duration. Winners will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 5,00,000 and Rs. 3,00,000 for First and Second positions respectively.
The last date of submission is 8th August, 2017.
The award function will be held tentatively on 21st September, 2017 at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi.