FIG Foundation announces the opening of applications for FIG Foundation PhD. Scholarship 2021.
About the Scholarship
The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros plus possible funding for conference travel to PhD students.
The FIG Foundation raises funds to secure a sustainable future for surveyors. Donations finance educational and capacity building projects and scholarships, especially in developing countries and countries in transition, and encourage research into all disciplines of surveying and help disseminate the results of that research.
- Successful applicants will receive up to 4,000 euros.
- They will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present a peer-reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
In order to be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants shall:
- be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy,
- have had a paper accepted by a peer-reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor,
- should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
Applications will be judged on the quality of the application and need. In the event that two excellent applications are judged to be of equal quality, applications from low-income and lower-middle-income countries will be preferred.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Applications are to be sent to email@example.com with “FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application” shown in Subject Line. Applicants are not to contact Foundation directors individually. Decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into during or after the competition.
June 1, 2021
For more details, click the link below.