Applications are invited from Doctoral Candidates for the Fernandes Fellowships 2020 at the University of Warwick, United Kingdom. Supported by a generous donation to the University, the Fernandes Fellowships aim to develop lasting research collaborations between Warwick and Europe.
The Fellowships will allow those in research, tenure-track or early academic positions, to undertake a three-month visit to Warwick (possibly split over two or three visits) in order to develop long-term research collaborations by participating in a specific program of research and scholarship with their host and other collaborators and engaging with the wider Warwick research community.
The Fernandes Fellowships are open to researchers working in all subject areas, however, applicants working in the following research fields are particularly welcomed:
- Human disease, particularly reproductive health, antimicrobial resistance, cancer, and aging.
- Data, artificial intelligence, and associated ethics
- Economics, management, behavioral science, and governance
- Energy, sustainability, and circular economy
- Analytical technologies for healthcare, life science, and the environment
The program will run until December 2021 and in total 25 Fellowships are available over the three years of the program.
Fellows will receive a stipend of £2,000 per month, travel costs of up to £1,000 and research, support, and training costs of up to £3,000.
Fellows will receive;
- A stipend of £2,000 per month (to cover accommodation and subsistence)
- Travel costs (including visa fees) of up to £1,000
- Research, support, and training costs of up to £3,000.
All expenditures must be in line with the University Financial Regulations.
- The fellowships will support researchers who are relatively early in their research career and who are currently employed in academic positions (first academic post, tenure track position, or independent research fellow) at a university or other research institute in any non-UK EU or EEA country.
- Fellows must have less than 10 years of postdoctoral experience (taken from the date given on the Ph.D. certificate to the start date of the Fellowship).
- The Fernandes Fellows must remain in the employment of their home institution during the Fellowship and will have Academic Visitor status at Warwick.
- While there is no restriction on nationality, appropriate permission to work in the UK is required before taking up the Fellowship.
- Applications cannot be submitted independently by the potential Fellow.
- Nominations and hosting of the Fellow are made permanent Warwick academic staff members (including probationary academic staff), who will also be responsible for the financial conduct of the Fellowship.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
Email ID: IAS@warwick.ac.uk
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JSMF Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards 2020 at USA [Fellowship Upto Rs. 1.5Cr]: Apply by June 12.