Climate Tracker in collaboration with the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation is launching a 10-Month Fellowship on Climate Solutions for climate journalists. Submit by March 31.
About the Fellowship:
Climate Tracker is launching an exciting mentorship opportunity with the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (LDF). Five aspiring and emerging climate journalists will be selected from different regions to participate in online mentorship on climate solutions and journalism with Climate Tracker.
This is an exciting opportunity for both newer and more experienced writers. Climate Tracker looking for people who are deeply committed to writing about climate change and the environment are skilled and creative journalists who are willing to experiment with new multimedia and are self-motivated and reliable.
- The fellows will receive guidance and training from Climate Tracker.
- They will write for the LDF One Earth website.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 10, 307 (USD150).
- One of the five fellows will be funded to attend an international climate change conference.
- Applicants from Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, South Asia, and Asia-Pacific are eligible.
- Applicants that are between 18 and 30 years old are accepted, but you are encouraged to apply anyway if you do not fulfil this requirement.
How to apply?
- Write an article about local solutions and responses to climate change. How have individuals, communities, or governments harnessing the powers of technology, science, community activism, policy, or others to solve the climate crisis?
- Publish your article. You have to find a media outlet: a news site, newspaper, magazine, etc. that is willing to publish your article. Any platform that requires you work to go through an editor before publication will be considered. It can be published at a local, national, or international level. Aim for the one with the best outreach across the region.
- Submit your article to Climate Tracker.