About the Foundation:
The Foundation for the Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship is sponsored by two IIT Bombay alumni and is focused on making universal healthcare a reality. The Center’s objective is to catalyze healthcare innovation to bring about affordable solutions to address healthcare needs of India.
The Center hopes to foster entrepreneurs to deliver a pipeline of cost-efficient solutions, which are increasingly ‘commercialized’.
About the Fellowship:
CfHE Fellowship is a unique world-class program of one year for healthcare entrepreneurs followed by the opportunity to incubate. It is conceptualized, administered and mentored by Bay area entrepreneurs, top academics from the US, Indian and Bio-med industry.
This program aims at bringing together engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community on a single platform to design and innovate in the field of healthcare, biomedical devices, and services to create a social impact.
The selected startups from fellowship program get an incubation in IIT Hyderabad to establish their companies.
- Btech/BE degree or higher
- M.B.B.S/B.D.S or higher
- B.Des or higher
This is just the minimum requirement. Successful candidates are expected to show prior track records in entrepreneurship or demonstrable intent in that direction.
- The curriculum focuses on biodesign innovation through a structured plan of Product development containing
- Clinical immersion to identify unmet needs.
- Needs filtering and Needs Statement development.
- Ideation and brainstorming to develop solutions to the problems.
- Implementation: Product Prototyping, Design, Validation.
- Regulatory aspects and Intellectual Property.
- Business plan development and Strategies for marketing.
- The fellows get exposure to experts from the clinic, medical device industry, entrepreneurs, IP/ legal and safety and regulatory experts.
- Hands-on training on 3-D rapid prototyping for quick designing of products, validation of ideas etc.
- A basket of technology electives from IITH to bridge the gaps in expertise related to the project.
- The fellows get training on how to form startup /new ventures and writing a business plan for their startup and proceed to incubate the companies.
- The fellows would present a workable prototype of their idea and present the business plan at the end of the program leading to a startup and pitching to VCs.
- Submitting of Online application: April 15.
- Interviews over Skype Video Call: 3rd Week of May.
- Final Interviews at IITH Campus: Last Week of May.
Click here to apply.
- Email: fhe[at]iith.ac.in
- Call: 900-00-21386