Tata Medical Center (TMC), Kolkata is a state-of-the-art tertiary Comprehensive Cancer Care Center established to serve the needs of society in the eastern part of India. It is a philanthropic initiative from the House of Tata. Its mission is to promote Prevention, Early Diagnosis, Treatment, Rehabilitation and Palliation and Research for cancer patients.
The Hospital, with a capacity of 183 beds will serve all sections of the Society. 50% of the beds are earmarked for free or subsidized treatment for the underprivileged sections of society. The Institution’s objective is to excel in service, education, and research. To fulfill the above objectives TMC invites applications for the position of Fellows in the following specialties:
1. Fellowship in Biochemistry
MD/DNB in Biochemistry from an MCI recognized the organization.
Candidates who have already passed their MD examination can only apply. Applications will not be accepted from candidates who are yet to obtain their degree.
Duration of Fellowship
One Year; extendable on a yearly basis for up to three years.
The remuneration will be commensurate with years of experience and comparable to the best institutes in the country.
Fellowship specifics for Biochemistry
1. On-hands training in dry chemistry systems.
- Diagnostic use of routine metabolite analysis or metabolic panels in various disciplines of
2. Analysis of tumor markers and other immunoassays (ELFA/CLIA techniques)
- Importance in serial monitoring, prognosis, and assessment of effectiveness in therapy
3. Laboratory quality management
Extensive training in:
- Conduct of internal audits
- Evaluation of internal and external quality assurance programs
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Management of laboratory processes
- Inventory management
4. Participation in Clinical rounds, Multidisciplinary meetings, Seminars
5. Chance to work in Department of Biotechnology funded project
6. On-hands experience in liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry systems
7. Training in therapeutic drug monitoring
The fellow will be required to authorize results and assist the consultant in day to day activities of
the department. He/She shall have the opportunity to present posters in national conferences and draft papers for publication.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online or email or post applications to Mr. Suvasish Mukherjee, Head-Human Resources, Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New Town, Kolkata – 700156. Email – email@example.com. For informal queries about the job, you may get in touch with the individual consultants in various specialties.