The vision of the Department of Health Research (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare) is to bring modern health technology to the people through innovations related to diagnostic, treatment methods and vaccines for prevention and to coordinate the research activities in the different areas of Health Research in the country.
Applications are invited in the prescribed format from eligible candidates as specified against each category for award of fellowship to get training in identified/ cutting edge areas of health research under its new schemes ‘Human Resources Development for Health Research’.
Who can apply for training/ fellowship/Projects?
- Scientists/ Health Researchers/Professionals in regular employment in the universities, medical colleges, postgraduate institutions, recognized research and development laboratories and Non-Government Organizations who fulfill the eligibility criteria and have a concept research proposals in the identified area to carryout research at present institute / organization. If the Institution is Private/NGO, it must be recognized by DSIR.
- Women scientists with break in career who want to pursue health research
- Young scientists who have completed the degree as per essential qualification, with an aptitude for clinical, biomedical, public health research to pursue career in Health Research
- Non-resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) serving abroad who want to come back to India for undertaking health research in identified areas
- Only Indian citizens working in Indian institutes are eligible.
- Having M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./ M.Pharma/ M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in topic related to health research.
- Faculty having at least three experience in the institute as regular employee.
- Person with below 45 years of age as on last date of receipt of application
- Person should not have any fellowship of one month or above duration from any of the agency of Govt. of India / State Govt in the last three years.
- Fellowship is scientist and area specific and cannot be transferred.
When and how to submit a proposal
One typed copy of the completed applications, duly approved and forwarded by the Head of Institute along with a soft copy (in word format) is to be submitted to The Programme Officer, HRD scheme of DHR, , Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi- 110029 (Ph 011- 26589699).
Soft copy may also be sent to Project Manager, HRD Scheme, 2nd floor, IRCS Building, Red Cross Road, New Delhi-110001 (email@example.com).
For more details, please see the official notification here.