The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), Bangalore is advertising an appointment based at the Centre for Stem Cell Research, the translational unit of inStem, located in the Christian Medical College Bagayam Campus, Vellore Tamil Nadu. The major focus of research at CSCR is towards developing cell and gene therapy, applications of induced pluripotent stem cells and musculoskeletal regeneration.
Online applications from eligible and interested candidates for Fellow E/ Scientist D to work as Head Microscopy under Scientific Cadre on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/Absorption.
No. of Posts
- The incumbent is required to manage the Microscopy facility at CSCR.
- The job description involves assisting with microscopy and flow sorting, proficiency in software required for these applications and experience in multiphoton and confocal microscopy. This facility comprises of state-of-the-art equipment for research applications.
- Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing fluorescence, confocal and animal imaging microscopes and flow cytometry and flow sorting equipment, providing training to students and faculty to operate the equipment.
- Individuals with a proven track record of working with biological systems involving various stem cells and experience with the management of team-based activities are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with laboratory administration and financial management is required.
- Prior experience in managing a core research facility for microscopy and flow sorting, proficiency in software required for these applications and experience in multiphoton and confocal microscopy will be an added advantage.
- Masters in Life Sciences/Medicine or equivalent with 5 years’ experience
- PhD in life sciences or other allied sciences Prior experience in managing a core research facility for microscopy will be an advantage.
Experience for Deputation
Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies etc.
- Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent Department or
- With 4 years’ service in Level 11 or equivalent in the parent cadre/ Department and possess the essential qualification & experience as mentioned above.
Compensation/ Pay Details
Fellow-E/Scientist-D carries pay level-12 (Basic pay of Rs 78,800/-) of the pay structure of 7th CPC Pay Matrix. Other benefits include Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Children Education Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Facilities as per Govt. of India Rules. The selected candidates will be covered under National Pension System (NPS).
Not exceeding 45 years for Direct Recruitment/Not exceeding 50 years for Deputation
The selection will be through personal/online interview(s)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Publication of advertisement in Employment News and other national/local dailies: 01st May 2021
- Publication of advertisement on website: 10th April 2021
- Last date for receipt of online application: 15th May 2021
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine GKVK Campus,
Bangalore – 560065
For more details, click the link below.