The objective of the Online Faculty Development Program is to provide both an understanding of and hands-on experience with tools and techniques used in online Teaching-Learning.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT Nagpur), formerly Visvesvaraya Regional College of
Engineering, Nagpur (VRCE), is a public engineering and research institution in India. It is located in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in central India. It was established in June 1960.
By the end of this O-FDP, the participants are expected to develop skills like:
- Basic Understanding of the TeachingLearning process during Pandemic.
- Techniques for online Teaching Learning.
- Use of techniques online techniques.
- Analysis of online techniques.
- Developing Teaching aids for effective online collaboration with students.
The tentative topics and hands-on training are to be covered as scheduled timings (10:00 to 17:00 Hrs). Google
the meet platform will be used for online delivery of topics including hands-on.
Some of the topics planned are:-
- Exploiting Google tools for effective online and blended teaching Learning.
- Planning content and activities for virtual classrooms.
- Use of open educational resources (OER), and other online resources.
- Technology-enhanced learning of thinking skills (TELoTS).
- Issues in licensing, GPL, Creative Commons – Attribution 4.0 License.
- Online assessment, quiz, polls, exams, and Rubrics.
- Evaluation Strategies through self-reflection, peer observations, student feedback, and theory.
- Developing video content with simple tools. Editing, audio narration, uploading, use of plugins.
- LeD, LbD, LeX, Free, and Open Source Software for Education (FOSSEE) tools.
- Flipped classroom, activity constructor, In-class and out-of-class segments, WordPress, using Padlet.
- Course Management System (CMS) software and its uses.
There is no registration fee for the course. To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is July 11, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Recent Trends in Wireless Communication by NIT Uttarakhand [July 20-24]: Register by July 17.