The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Effective Teaching & Learning Practices for Solid Waste Management from January 18 to 23, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To enable the participants to gain the state of the art knowledge in collecting solid waste.
- To enable the participants to teach the various aspects of solid waste treatment components effectively by emphasizing the latest practices and operations.
- To enable the participants to learn the new pedagogic approaches and using free and open-source software in teaching the course on “solid waste management”.
This FDP will focus on the effective teaching and learning of various principles for collecting, treating, and disposing of solid waste. The main topics are:
- Solid waste classification and characteristics
- Collection, transportation, segregation, treatment, and disposal of solids waste
- Various methods for solid waste treatment
- Landfill designs and maintenance
- Advanced solid waste segregation and treatment techniques
- Waste to energy options
- Biomedical waste management during COVID19 pandemic
- Research areas and funding opportunities.
Who can Attend?
The program is open to all NBA and AICTE approved Engineering/ Polytechnic college teachers, industry and field/ practicing engineers, and students. The number of participants is approximately 100 and selection will be based on a priority basis.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on IoT & its Applications by NIT Warangal [Dec 21-25]: Register by Dec 20.
Eminent Faculty from IITs, NITs, NITTTRs, Central Universities, Teaching Learning Centers, and Senior Faculty from NIT Warangal.
- Faculty: Rs. 750/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/-
The registration fee for the Faculty and Students of the SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable.
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal Campus; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149. A scanned copy of the DD/ Proof of remittance of the requisite registration fee (with the transaction number if online transaction) shall be sent as an attachment by e-mail to email@example.com.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is January 5, 2021.
Prof. A. Ramachandraiah
Professor-in-Charge and Coordinator,
Teaching Learning Centre (TLC),
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.