The Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Effective Teaching & Learning Practices in Computational Biology from March 15 to 19, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To provide a platform to discuss the technological applications and developments in Biotechnology, etc.
- Create domain expertise on various operating systems.
- To investigate theoretical and practical aspects of quantitative and qualitative biology.
- Curation of biological data from databases Effectively analyze problems and identify solutions for biological sequential data.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of bioinformatics techniques utilized in teaching practices for Biotechnology.
- Apply modern techniques to solve various biological problems.
- Introduction to Operating systems Flavors.
- Technological developments in Biotechnology.
- Sequencing methods & Heuristics approach.
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and analysis of data.
- Phylogenetic and evolutionary methods.
- Biological Databases searching and retrieval of primary and secondary data.
- Classification and Clustering, Predictive analysis, Medical data processing, analysis, and feature selection.
- Analysis of Polymorphism data in CoVID19 studies.
- Molecular Docking and dynamics Computational Systems Biology.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Life sciences, Pharmacy, and working in the Institutions of higher education. Research Scholars, who have an aptitude to work in the areas of computational biology and desire to take up a teaching profession as their career.
Eminent faculty from IITs, Central Universities, CSIR, ICMR, DBT, and Senior Faculty from different departments of NIT Warangal will deliver lectures, conduct workshop sessions, and laboratory sessions.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 600 /-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
Registration Fee for Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable. The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is March 10, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.