About NIT Warangal
National Institute of Technology Warangal is a public technological university located in Warangal, India. It is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
About the Programme
With the globalization, India is emerging as one of the key manufacturing hubs and there is considerable demand from industry for manufacturing engineers capable of meeting the challenging requirements.
In this workshop, participants will be introduced to the various developments in metal cutting such cryogenic machining, dry machining, minimum quantity lubrication, vibration assisted machining, grinding of hard metals. Current research trends in nontraditional machining processes (electrochemical machining, electric discharge machining, abrasive flow finishing) will be highlighted.
State of the art in friction stir welding process will be emphasized. The participants of this course will also learn the importance of Additive Manufacturing and its huge role in Global Product Development and Innovation. The participants will learn theory of AM to compare the traditional versus next generation manufacturing & will learn to have a rich knowledge of AM Metal Printing technologies, devices, capabilities, materials and applications along with various software tools, processes and techniques enabling personal fabrication.
- To update the participants with the state of the art technologies in advanced machining, welding and metal additive manufacturing.
- To enable participants to learn the advanced machining process applications which are used in industries, and developments in AM technology.
- To familiarize the participants with the latest tools and techniques.
- To empower the teaching and learning capabilities of the participants with emphasis on improvisation of their teaching skills of advanced topics.
Topics to be Covered
- Minimum Quality Lubrication
- Cryogenic Machining
- Advanced coatings for cutting tools
- Grinding of Hard Materials
- Functionally Graded Bioceramic Coatings for Biomedical Applications
- Electro Discharge Machining and Abrasive Flow Finishing
- Additive Manufacturing Technologies
- Digital pedagogy
- Instructional Design for Online Learning
Who can Attend?
Faculty members/ research scholars/ Scientists/ Engineers working in Private/ Public/ Govt. organizations/ industries etc.
- Participants from Industry: Rs. 1000/-
- Faculty from Universities and Colleges: Rs. 600/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/-
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the programme through this link.
Nov 26, 2020
- Dr. M Manjaiah
Assistant Professor, Mobile: 9740847669
- Dr. Gangadharudu Talla
Assistant Professor, Mobile: 9440747257
For more details, click the link below.