NIT Surat is organizing an FDP on Reverse Engineering for Product Design from January 6 to 11, 2020. The aim of this program is to provide a basic understanding of techniques of developing electronic parts for additive and digital manufacturing technologies to a broad spectrum of researchers, industry participants, teachers, and students. The program deals with delivering methods of data extraction from the product using the contact and non-contact scanners, converting digitized data into nurbs to surface to a solid model.
This subject matter will lead to developing the skill of non-geometrical modeling for bio medical applications, 3d printed sculpture and animation characters/objects. The course covered is designed as a short term training program of five days under the category of Faculty Development Programme as sponsored by ATAL academy cell, New Delhi.
- Introduction to 3D CAD modeling
- Reverse Engineering for 3D printing
- Hands on Experience for different scanners
- Exposure of software approach to build 3d non geometric models
- Conversion of model to 3d printed prototype
- Exposure to LOM by CAD generated 2D profiles
The resource persons for the program shall include faculty from SVNIT, Surat and other IITs/NITs/Research Organizations/Industries.
Who can Attend?
The Programme is open to the teaching Faculty members, Research Scholars from Academic institutes approved by AICTE/UGC/MHRD working in Private /Public /Government organizations can attend the course.
- There is no registration fee for faculty and research scholars from academic institutes.
- Limited accommodation can be made available in institute/hostel guest house on self-payment basis. The participants have to bear their own travelling expenses.
- Hard copy of the duly filled and signed registration form along with registration fee should reach the coordinator on or before 15th December, 2019 to Prof. A. A. Shaikh Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Ichchhanath, Surat – 395007, Gujarat, India Phone: (0261) 2201695/ (M)9924916499
- To download the registration form, click here.
Phone Number: 9924916499
Email ID: email@example.com