FDP on Research Design & Statistical Data Analysis at IIM Kozhikode [Jan 20-24]: Register by Jan 17
Serious academic research requires a thorough understanding of the research design, data management techniques and knowledge about the statistical tools. In this context, IIM Kozhikode introduces this five days FDP primarily to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the researchers, which will be helpful for them to conduct successful academic research and produce the same in a thesis or publish in top-tier international journals of repute.
In this FDP, the participants will get a sound exposure concerning various aspects of research process, such as identifying and positioning the research problem, conducting successful literature review, formulating the appropriate hypotheses, designing the research in their field of inquiry, and selecting suitable data analysis tools, performing the adequate analysis using software, interpret and present the same in a publishable manner, etc.
Upon completion, the participants will be able to appreciate the ways and means through conducting successful research, framing a study design, various forms of data collection, data management, as well as the analysis and interpretation of data.
- Identifying and positioning the research problem
- Problem validation
- Successful literature search and review
- Hypothesis formulation
- Research design
- Sampling and data collection
- Instrument and survey development
- Basics of SPSS & data handling
- Hypotheses testing and its modalities
- Various univariate data analyses (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, etc)
- Various multivariate data analyses (regression, logistic regression, EFA, etc)
- Report writing
Who can Attend?
This course is open for data analysts, faculty members, research scholars and those who are interested in understanding the various aspects of research and data analysis using statistical tools in the fields of management, economics, industrial, medical, and fundamental sciences. This course requires no prior training in probability and statistics, though experience in these areas will be useful.
Non-Residential : Rs 12,500+[GST ]
The fee is to be paid in advance by Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode’ payable at ‘Kozhikode’ (or Calicut) or by online transfer. The fee covers, lunch, refreshments, & course materials.
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- A certificate of participation will be provided to all candidates who attend the program.
- The last date to register is January 17, 2020.
Email ID: +91-495-2809100
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.