The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Recent Trends in Research & Opportunities in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from March 15 to 23, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Patna is the 18th National Institute of Technology created by the Ministry of H.R.D. Government of India after rechristening the erstwhile Bihar College of Engineering Patna on 28.01.2004. NIT Patna marked its humble beginning in 1886 with the establishment of a pleaders survey training school which was subsequently promoted to Bihar College of Engineering Patna in 1924.
- The primary objective is to impart research opportunities to beginners and improve the quality of research among the existing researchers in the areas of Power Electronics, Power systems & Control, and instrumentation.
- To explore critical aspects of Renewable Energy, Electric Vehicles, High voltage DC systems, Microgrid, and Motor Drives, etc.
- Conventional as well as Advance control techniques will be explained.
- To demonstrate modeling of power systems and obtain a reduced-order model.
- To familiarize safety measurements and issues in Hydro Power Projects in Industry.
By the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Develop competence in understanding recent advances in the electric vehicle, micro-grid, renewable energy sources, solar PV system, high voltage DC system, advanced power converter control for Solar/ Electric drives.
- Design controllers for converters used in electric drives, electrical vehicles, etc.
- Derive dynamic model of various industrial processes & obtain reduced-order model.
- Learn and apply conventional and advanced control techniques to various industrial processes.
- Understand and design Kalman filter for specific applications.
- Develop interest in writing projects related to Hydro Power Plant to overcome the issues and challenges faced by Engineers.
Faculty members of UGC/ AICTE recognized Universities and Engineering colleges all over India, Research scholars (Ph.D. only), students and Industry personals, however, priority will be given to the faculty members.
- Faculty/ Research Scholar (Ph.D.): Rs. 500/-
- Students (B.Tech/ PG): Rs. 500/-
- Industry and others: Rs. 1000/-
The registration fee will be paid through online mode, the account details for this purpose is Account Name: NIT Patna; Account No.: 50380476798; IFSC Code: IDIB000B810.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The last date to register is March 11, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
Online FDP on Recent Trends in Research & Opportunities in Electrical & Electronics Engg. by NIT Patna