NIT Warangal is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Recent Trends in Computer Simulations for Applications in Biotechnology: Teaching and Learning Strategies from August 17 to 21, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top 20 technical education institutions in India.
- To train the participants on the basic strategies of the teaching of Statistical Thermodynamics and its implication in biological systems.
- To validate the knowledge in the area of Quantum Chemistry and Molecular Mechanics for applications in biological sciences.
- To heighten the skills and knowledge of participants in basic and advanced Molecular Dynamics Simulation techniques and its application for effective laboratory training.
- To empower the teaching and learning capabilities of the participants with emphasis on improvisation of their teaching skills of advanced topics of computer simulations for application in life sciences.
- This workshop focuses on teaching the basic concepts and theories that are involved in the development of the field of Computer simulations, Quantum Mechanics and Molecular mechanics for compounds.
- Participants can also learn about the different tools and software involved in classic molecular dynamics simulations and listen to a few examples of advanced techniques that are currently implemented for studies.
- The workshop will help the participants to update their basic knowledge and scientific know-how and to align themselves with the changing practices and scientific needs.
- Statistical Thermodynamics.
- Quantum and Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM).
- Principle of Molecular Dynamics Simulation.
- Classic and Advanced Molecular Dynamics Simulations Techniques.
- Principles and methods of technical teaching and learning management system.
Faculty members of higher education Institutions in both Science and Engineering institutions who work and teach life sciences and pharmacology and Research Scholars aspiring for positions in technical teaching in the areas of biotechnology and related interdisciplinary areas are invited to apply.
Eminent researchers and faculty members from IITs, IISc, NITs, Centrally funded Institutes, and Universities will deliver the lectures.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 600/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/-
The registration fee for Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable.
Registration fee can be remitted Online / NEFT to the Bank Account details: Account Name: DIRECTOR Research, NIT WARANGAL, Account Number: 62266262236, Bank Name: State Bank of India, Branch: REC Warangal (NIT Campus), IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The program will be conducted online. The number of participants in the workshop is limited to 50.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
Online FDP on Recent Trends in Computer Simulations for Applications in Biotechnology by NIT Warangal
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Teaching & Learning of Advance Control Systems by NIT Warangal [Aug 10-16]: Register by Aug 6.