The Teaching-Learning Centre at Ramanujan College, University of Delhi along with Research Development and Services Cell at Ramanujan College is organizing a Two Week Faculty Development Program on Quantitative Methods for Data Analysis from August 12 to 25, 2020.
The course will be useful for improving the quantitative skills of teaching faculty and research scholars in both sciences and social sciences. It will also equip the participants across disciplines to work in a new environment by providing them with knowledge about the tools, methods, and theoretical issues central to the field of Digital Humanities.
Ramanujan College is the University of Delhi College located in the well-known area of Kalkaji, near Nehru Place in South Delhi. Ramanujan College has highly qualified, dedicated, and committed faculty members. The college runs fifteen courses in different subjects in Humanities, Commerce and Science streams.
After successful completion of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Develop a hypothesis and research questions using quantitative research methods.
- Equip the participants with the fundamentals of Deep Learning.
- Help research scholars in comprehending new trends and techniques in using appropriate statistical and computational tools for inter-disciplinary research.
- Fundamentals of Probability and Descriptive Statistics (Hands-on sessions)
- Data Collection and Cleansing.
- Data Managing & Visualization
- Estimation procedures
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- Applied Machine Learning
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- The FDP is open to Faculty members (regular/ad-hoc/temporary) from any Indian university/ college and research scholars. However, preference will be given to young teachers/ research scholars.
- Basic knowledge of Statistics (Mean, variance, Random sample, Distributions, and hypothesis testing) is preferred.
- Must have a Computer or laptop with an internet facility.
The registration fee is Rs. 800 (Non- Refundable) for Faculties & Research Scholars. Online Payment of the Registration Fee through UPI/ NEFT/ IMPS can be made to the following: Account Name: Principal, Ramanujan College; Account Number: 50100145818385; Bank & Branch: HDFC BANK LTD Kalkaji Extension, New Delhi-110019; IFSC: HDFC0004412; MICR Code: 110240414.
To register online, click here.
The last date to register is August 11, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.