The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Effective Teaching & Learning of Power Converters for Electric Vehicles from March 1 to 6, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To enable the participants to learn and conceptualize Electric Vehicles (EVs).
- To enhance the learning capabilities of the participants in the EV drive system.
- To empower the participants with the latest knowledge on Power converters for EVs.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods in high-gain converters.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods in battery chargers for EVs.
- Understand the fundamentals of electric propulsion systems.
- Design a suitable DC-DC converter for EVs.
- Analyze the different types of bidirectional AC/ DC converter circuits.
- Interpret the different methods of battery chargers used in electric vehicles.
- Select a suitable drive and control method for the electric propulsion unit.
- Impact of EVs on the electric network.
- DC/ DC converters for the EV drive train.
- Bidirectional AC/ DC converters for power transfers in EV.
- Control system for hybrid electric vehicles.
- Distributed storage using G2V, V2G, and V2H technologies.
- Drives for hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations in Smart Grids.
Who can Attend?
The program is open to all NBA and AICTE approved Engineering/ Polytechnic college teachers, Degree college lecturers, research scholars, and P.G. students. The number of participants is approximately 100 and selection will be based on a priority basis.
Eminent Faculty from IITs, NITs, Central Universities, Teaching Learning Centres, and Senior Faculty from NIT Warangal.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 750 /-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/-
Registration Fee for Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable. The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is February 23, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
Online FDP on Effective Teaching & Learning of Power Converters for Electric Vehicles by NIT Warangal