About the Organiser
Panimalar Engineering College is a Christian Minority Institution providing technical education started in the year 2000 under the direction of our Chairman and Founder (Late) Dr. Jeppiaar, M.A., B.L., PhD, Chancellor of Sathyabama University and Chairman of Jaisakthi Educational Trust. Ours is a self- financing engineering college permanently affiliated to Anna University for the stream of UG Programmes ECE, CSE, IT, Mechanical, EIE, EEE, Civil and PG programmes: M.E. & MBA., accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), approved by AICTE, New Delhi and sanctioned with 12(B) & 2(f) research status by UGC.
About the Programme
The FDP on Smart Perspectives of IoT on 5G Communication- Practical Approach is organised by the Department of ECE, Panimalar Engineering College, Chennai from Nov 8-21, 2019. This FDP is designed to focus on the smart perspectives of IoT on 5G Communication. The current demand for machine-type communications (MTC) has resulted in a variety of communication technologies with diverse service requirements to achieve the modern IoT vision.
IoT integrates different technologies and has a non-negligible impact on a variety of applications in different fields. With such capabilities, IoT has also opened interesting research opportunities in practically relevant fields such as healthcare, smart environments, vehicle to vehicle (V2V) communication and manufacturing. This opens a whole new set of interesting research challenges for 5G communication technologies, in terms of overall system design, software implementation, data management, and service deployment.
Topics to be Covered
- D2D communication
- Drivers for 5G
- 5G Internet
- IoT in 5G mobile technologies
- Spectrum sensing using SDR
- IoT wireless spectrum sharing in device positioning applications
- mmWave Communication for IoT
- RF Design Considerations
- 5G Radio Access Technology
- Massive MIMO
- CR for 5G communication
- NOMA for IoT communication
Faculty members and Research Scholars from AICTE recognized Institutions are eligible to apply.
No registration fee for the Participants.
How to Register?
- Registration for the FDTP can be done using the form (available here) or photocopy of the form. The completed registration form should be sent by email to the coordinator (panimalarece2015[at]gmail.com)
- Participants will be selected on first come first serve manner and the intimation will be sent through email.
- Submission of Application (via Email) :31.10.2019
- Intimation of Selection: 01.11.2019
- Confirmation by Participants: 02.11.2019
Coordinator: Dr S. Rajakumar