FDP on Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing @ ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad, UP [June 10-14]: Apply by June 6
Department of Mechanical Engineering ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad is organizing a one-week faculty development program on industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing from June 10-14 apply by June 6.
Industry 4.0 is a name given to the current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies.
It includes cyber-physical systems, the Internet of things, cloud computing and cognitive computing. Industry 4.0 is commonly referred to as the fourth industrial revolution.
The characteristics are given for the German government’s Industry 4.0 strategy are the strong customization of products under the conditions of highly flexible (mass) production.
The required automation technology is improved by the introduction of smart manufacturing methods of self-optimization, self-configuration,self-diagnosis, cognition and intelligent support of workers in their increasingly complex work.
Objectives of the Course
This FDP course is designed to offer learners an introduction to Industry 4.0 (or the
Industrial Internet), its applications in the business world.
Learners will gain deep insights into how smartness is being harnessed from data and appreciate what needs to be done in order to overcome some of the challenges.
- Understand the drivers and enablers of Industry 4.0 along with smart manufacturing
2. Appreciate the smartness in Smart Factories, Smart cities, smart products
3. Able to outline the various systems used in a manufacturing plant and their role in an
Industry 4.0 world.
4. Appreciate the power of Cloud Computing in a networked economy.
5. Understand the opportunities, challenges brought about by Industry 4.0 and how
organizations and individuals should prepare to reap the benefits.
Part 1: Introduction and Essentials
2. Road to Industry 4.0
3. Related Disciplines, System, Technologies for enabling Industry 4.0
4. Additive manufacturing (R) evolution: perspective
Part 2: Role of data, information, knowledge, and collaboration in future organizations
1. Business issues in Industry 4.0
2. Opportunities and Challenges
3. Future of Works and Skills for Workers in the Industry 4.0 Era
4. Strategies for competing in an Industry 4.0 world
5. Optimizing Production with Big Data Platforms & Data analytics, AI methods &
6. Smart & Cost effective manufacturing and automation (Digital manufacturing &
Part 3: Other Applications and Case Studies
1. Industry 4.0 laboratories
2. IIoT case studies
3. Case studies from Industry on smart manufacturing
This course is open to faculty members from all Engineering Departments of an AKTU affiliated colleges.
The participants should have basic knowledge of engineering domain. Shortlisting and confirmation of eligible candidates will be on a first come first serve basis.
How to Apply
Fill the application form available here.
Email the Completed Scan Registration form at fdpme[at]abes.ac.in.
There is no registration fee for this course.
- Last Date of Application: June 06, 2019.
- Notification of Acceptance: June 07, 2019.
- Course Dates: June 10 – June 14, 2019.
For official notification visit here.
About the Author
A sincere, smiling chap usually found in a spotless, white shirt. Can be loud at unforeseen moments. Future entrepreneur.