The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal is organizing two weeks National level Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Blockchain Technology- The Future of Cyber Security (BCTFCS2019) sponsored by the Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical System (ICPS) Division, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
Distinguished Academicians, faculty members, research scholars, undergraduate, and graduate students are invited to attend this programme.
The objective of this programme is to unite practitioners, researchers and people from industry to discuss the progress on state-of-the-art research and the practical usage of blockchain technologies, focusing on the application and the technologies relying on it. Specifically, this FDP is to promote discussion on theory, progress, development, deployment and the practical usage of blockchain technologies with respect to cybersecurity.
- Blockchain Theory-Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Permissioned and Permissionless Blockchains
- Model, framework, and mechanism in designing blockchain
- Blockchain network and architecture design
- Consensus protocols for blockchains
- Peer-to-Peer Networks, Peer-to-Peer communication protocols
- Cyber-attacks to blockchain
- Insider Threats- Case studies (e.g., of adoption, attacks, forks, scams etc.)
- Cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Security and reliability in Blockchain
- Privacy and trust in blockchain
- Security related issues in blockchain
- Internet of things (IoT) and blockchains
Who can attend?
The course is open to Faculty Members/Research Scholars/PG Students From Colleges/Universities working in the relevant/ allied disciplines.
- Application Notification: Oct 15, 2019
- Last Date for Application: Nov 05, 2019
- Acceptance Notification : Nov 10, 2019
How to apply?
- Applicants are requested to download the registration form from this page.
- Send the Scanned copy of filled application to esbabu[at]nitw.ac.in and Hard copy to the following Address: Dr. E. Suresh Babu, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal Pin-506004
- Mention on top of the cover “Application for Two Week FDP on Blockchain Technology – The Future of Cyber Security (BCTFCS-2019)”.
Dr. E. Suresh Babu
Phone: +91 9440959713