The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program on Next-Generation Semiconductor Devices for High-End Applications from June 22 to 27, 2020.
The main objective of this program is to provide exposure to the current status and next-generation innovations of various semiconductor devices. The topics will focus on basics, advances, and applications to benefit different people from academic & research communities associated with the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Nanotechnology, etc.
- Semiconductor basics, the theory of semiconductor devices, and applications.
- Basics & Recent developments in Photonics & related devices (LEDs, Photodetectors, etc.).
- Current status, recent advances, and next-generation innovations in Photovoltaic Cells.
- Next-generation Non-volatile Memories & their Neuromorphic Computing applications.
- Sensor basics, advances, and their roles in high-end (biomedical & others) applications.
Basics of the following tools and their implementation for the simulation of devices (from theory sessions) would be demonstrated in Online Lab Sessions.
- Silvaco TCAD, COMSOL Multiphysics
- SCAPS, MATLAB, etc.
- Besides modeling, Fabrication methods for different devices along with their performance characterization techniques would be briefly discussed.
Faculty members of UGC/ AICTE recognized Universities and Engineering colleges all over India, Research scholars (Ph.D. only), students (UG/PG), and Industry personals are invited to apply, however, priority will be given to the faculty members.
- Faculty/ Research Scholar (PhD): Rs. 500/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Industry and others: Rs. 1000/-
Registration fee can be paid by the online mode, the account details for this purpose is Account Name: NIT Patna; Account No.: 50380476798; IFSC Code: ALLA0212286.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to register for the FDP is June 19, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Free Online Courses by AICTE During #COVID19 Lockdown: Registrations Open.