About the Organiser
St. Anne’s College of Engineering and Technology is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. St.Annes college of Engineering and Technology offers courses in B.E(Computer Science Engg, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical etc.
About the Programme
The Two Day Faculty Development Programme on LoRa WAN Protocol for IoT applications is organised by St. Anne’s College of Engineering and Technology, Tamil Nadu from Nov 28-29, 2019.
LoRa is an upcoming low power wide area network (LPWAN) protocol particularly targeting IoT applications. It is focused on low data rate applications, such that battery life is maximized. It operates in the free ISM band (865 MHz in India) with a 2 MHz bandwidth divided into 8 channels. It makes use of the Chirp Spread Spectrum (CSS) modulation which utilizes the complete channel width and ensures high signal to noise ratio (SNR) and very good link budget. The communication protocol is compatible with OneM2M, which can be used in the service layer.
Current Ongoing Projects with LoRaWAN
- Precision Agriculture
- Smart Street Light system
- Smart Energy Metering
- Smart Car Parking
- Smart Water Distribution System
- Smart Water Metering
- Waste Management
- Environmental Monitoring
- Air Quality and Pollution Monitoring
- Asset Tracking
- Home / Villas automation
Advantages of using LoRaWAN IoT
- Low Power Battery Operated Device with Longer Lifetime
- Very Low Recurring and Maintenance Cost
- Longer Coverage
- Secured Communication
- Building Private network
Topics to be Covered
- Introduction to Long Range IoT / Industrial IoT
- Hardware Selection for LoRa Technology
- Introduction to Arduino Based LoRa End Node
- Hands-On: Arduino Programming and Library Installation
- Hands-On: Sensor Integration with Arduino
- DIY: Sensor Integration with Arduino
- Introduction to LoRaWAN Protocols
- Introduction to LoRa Modules
- Hands-On: Gateway Registration with Network Server
- Hands-On: Application Server Registration
- Hands-On: End Device Data Interface for receiving Raw Data in the Things Network cloud platform
- Hands-On: Payload Formatter for viewing Real Data
- Hands-On: Data Storage and Real-Time Data Monitoring using Third-party Application Server Integration
- Hands-On: SMS/ Email/ Call Alert for Emergency Notification System
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the programme through this link.
Rs. 800/ Per Candidate.
- Online Registration Closes: 21.11.2019
- Selection & Intimation Details: 23.11.2019
Staff Co-ordinator: Mr R. Radhakrishnan