Ramanujan College, University of Delhi is offering a Two Week Faculty Development Program on “The Contemporary Issues & Challenges faced by Modern Jammu & Kashmir: Socio-Cultural & Political Scenario” from August 10 to 23, 2020.
Ramanujan College is the University of Delhi College located in the well-known area of Kalkaji, near Nehru Place in South Delhi. Ramanujan College has highly qualified, dedicated, and committed faculty members. The college runs fifteen courses in different subjects in Humanities, Commerce and Science streams.
After successful completion of the program, the participants will be able to:
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the nature and scope of the outcome of the new status of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- To cognize with ideas and issues in politics and diplomacy.
- To recognize the historical aspect of Jammu & Kashmir as an integral part of Indian history and culture.
- To appreciate the legal and institutional basis of law and policymaking concerning Jammu and Kashmir.
- To understand the linkages between the Constitution, foreign policy, diplomacy, and politics.
- To learn the significance of the Himalayan region in the context of national security scenario.
- To achieve the ability to guide and share the facts with students in classroom discussions on the most debated issue of Jammu Kashmir.
- Jammu Kashmir: The genesis and historical evolution
- Jammu Kashmir: The geopolitics of borderland and national security
- Jammu Kashmir: Politics of International Interventions
- Jammu Kashmir: Democracy, Human Rights, and Displacement.
- History, Historians, and Historiography of the Himalayan Region: Ancient and Medieval Period
- Geopolitical Significance of Western Himalayan Region
- Socio-culture and Political Dimensions in Jammu Kashmir
- Foundation of Modern Jammu Kashmir
- British Policy towards Jammu Kashmir
- Integration of Indian States
- Bifurcation of Jammu Kashmir: Possibilities and Challenges
The FDP is open to Faculty members (regular/ ad-hoc/ temporary) from any Indian university/ college and registered Ph.D. research scholars. This FDP is interdisciplinary, and the teachers from all disciplines can do this.
The registration fee is Rs. 700 (Non- Refundable) for Faculties & Research Scholars. To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To register online, click here.
The seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Limited seats are available and the link will be closed immediately once the seats are filled. The last date to register is August 7, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.