The main focus of the course is to enhance the basic concepts of hydrodynamic and gives an insight into various coastal processes and their interaction with natural and anthropogenic agents, and its highlights and challenges.
Rapid industrialization and globalization lead to an increase of coastal population, sea trade and extraction of crude oil from the deep seas across the world. As a result, the development of a new port and extension of existing harbors and the mitigation measures for its effect on the adjacent coast and, design of various coastal structures are under greater demand.
This necessitates the engineers, especially civil and mechanical engineers to have a clear understanding of ocean waves and their effects on the structures in and around the ocean.
The field of Ocean engineering is one of the main platform towards the development of a country and very few IIT’s and NIT’s are offering mainstream degrees courses in this field.
- Introduction to coastal hydrodynamics (theory and practices)
- Developments along the Indian coast
- Sediment transport and shoreline oscillations
- Wave structure interactions (theory and practicals)
- Recent advancement in green energy/ renewable energy
- Reasons for and against the coastal developments
- Lab Visit Offshore structure/Wave hydrodynamic Lab and 110m long Towing Tank.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members from various AICTE approved Engineering Colleges/Institutions can apply. Working professionals and practicing engineers from various Research Organizations and Industries, and Research scholars can also apply. Selection will be on the first-come-first-served basis and will be intimated through e-mail.
The lectures for the program will be handled by faculty from IITs, NITs and other renowned technical/Scientific research institutions.
- From TEQIP institutions : Rs 3000 (including GST)
- From Non-TEQIP institutions : Rs 2000 (including GST)
- UG/PG/Research Scholars : Rs 1000 (including GST)
- From Industries/R & D/ : Rs 8000 (including GST) other organizations etc.
- For registration, the scanned copy of the duly filled registration form along with the online payment receipt should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Also, mention your name, official address and phone number in the mail.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- The last date to register is November 30, 2019.
Email ID: email@example.com