The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal is organizing an Online FDP on India’s Strategic Transport Infrastructure Development Projects & Programs from August 16 to 20, 2021.
The faculty development program (FDP) titled “India’s Strategic Transport Infrastructure Development Projects and Programs” was designed under the main thrust area ‘Engineering’ and sub-thrust area ‘Strategic Civil Infrastructure’.
NITK Surathkal is a premier Institute engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by an act of Parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs, and Ph.D. programs.
The specific objectives of the FDP are as follows:
- To impart the knowledge of various road projects,programmes and policies including Bharathmala, SARDP, PMGSY-III, Green Highway Policy.
- To impart the knowledge of four-stage transport planning.
- To bring awareness to new materials for sustainable road/highway development.
- To introduce the concepts of road safety audit andhighway capacity assessments.
- To bring awareness on the Maritime developmental activities, particularly on demand-capacities of major ports of India, various projects under the SagarmalaProgram, and inland waterways.
- To bring awareness on the preparation of detailedproject reports and the role of project management consultants in road projects.
- To impart the knowledge of guidelines for the design of bus rapid transit systems for Indian cities.
- To impart the knowledge of planning and design ofrural roads To bring awareness to the national rail plan with a focus on high-speed rail (HSR) network, high-density network (HDN), highly utilized networks (HUN), and dedicated freight corridor (DFC).
Who can Attend?
The FDP is offered online mode and open to all the faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG Scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry, etc.).
To register for the FDP, click here.
The FDP starts on 16th August 2021 and ends on 20th August 2021. There will be 14 sessions, with each one of two hours duration. One session on any one of them on the following mental & emotional development, stress management, meditation, human values, and ethics, health and happiness, etc or IKS (Indian Knowledge System) which may be conducted by any spiritual social organizations/ Individuals like Art of living or similar organization to promote FIT INDIA Movement and /or (IKS) knowledge about the glory of ancient Indian achievements in the various field across the country.
A test shall be conducted by the coordinator at the end of the program. The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks on the test.
You might also be interested in: