FDP on ICT in Disaster Management @ Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur [June 3-7]: Apply by May 30
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur is organizing Faculty development programme on ICT in Disaster Management ICT can play a significant role in highlighting risk areas, vulnerabilities and potentially affected populations by producing geographically referenced analysis through, for example, a geographic information system (GIS).
- Disaster Management an Introduction and Institutional framework in India.
- Importance of ICT in Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Disaster resilient ICT infra Mechanism, for alternative communication – Satellite, HF, UHF, VHF and Amateur Radio ICT for Early Warning System.
- ICT Initiatives for Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in India by NDMA.
- Geospatial Technologies in Disaster Management – Planning, preparedness and mitigation.
- ICT for Disaster Response – Tracing Missing Persons, Coordinating Donor Groups, Recording the Locations of Temporary Camps and Shelters.
- Concept of Integrated EOC and decision support system Crowd Management by use of ICT network (CCTV).
After successful completion, of course, a candidate will be conversant with use of ICT tools in disaster management. They will be aware to use GIS and Remote sensing, Satellite communication, HF/UHF/HAM Radio.
The candidate will be able to carry out activities with states and other institutions working in the area of disaster management to assist their needs and new research in the area.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at engineers, faculty of engineering at Degree / Diploma levels, PG students, Research Scholars, practising engineers in government & industry of various disciplines, who intend to learn and/or teach the use of ICT in the domain of disaster management. Persons from Electronics, IT, Civil and Environmental Studies and
Science background or working in the area of DM are eligible to attend the course.
How to Apply
Fill the registration form available here and send it along with payment details to Dr Meena
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, MNIT Jaipur, JLN Marg, Jaipur 302 017.
Last date of Registration with Fees: 30 May 2019.
Intimation of confirmation: 1 June 2019.
For official notification click here
About the Author
I'm a 20-year-old boy with endless entrepreneurial ideas. I believe that one day, the world will remember me for something good. Currently founder at Law Exam Today & Project Sankalp. I believe in turning failures into success.