About the FDP
This FDP is planned in online mode, where the concepts and case studies of Design Thinking will be deliberated to whereby the engineers can think out of box and formulate design solutions to satisfy the growing demands by exploring all the phases of product development.
In the medical devices sector, design and development is a complex process which involves various roles and phases. The programme will focus on the interdisciplinary needs for Medical Device Design, covering topics ranging from understanding basic medical terms to product design and human factors. At the core of the programme is a focus on the needs of people in healthcare.
The goal of this online short term course is to share with the participants the cutting edge research and development, carried out / observed, by the speakers in Design Thinking domain, for Innovative Medical Devices, for self-reliance of the country. The speakers are distinguished research faculties from Foreign Universities, IIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s, industry and other reputed institutions.
Who can attend?
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG Scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry etc.).
What you will learn?
- to conduct human centered contextual research, extract meaningful insights, generate & visualize concepts and develop & evaluate prototypes, all in the context of the complex and highly regulated world of medical device design.
- the medical, social, and engineering aspects of medical devices specific to design and some frameworks for defining and measuring progress toward a sustainable society.
- to design by taking into consideration desirability, feasibility and viability.
- Maximum 200 participants may be allowed to attend online FDP on a first come first serve basis.
- An online test shall be conducted at the end of the program.
- The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with minimum 80% attendance and scored minimum 60% marks in the test.
Dr. Harlal Singh Mali, Associate Professor
Mobile:- +91-9549654561, 8829046492
E-mail- harlal.singh[at]mnit.ac.in, harlal.singh[at]gmail.com