FDP on Database and Algorithms at SGSIT, Indore [Dec 26-30]: Register by Dec 20
This course is designed to provide exposure to the fundamentals of data structures & algorithms and DBMS. Participants will learn searching and sorting techniques, concepts about stacks, queues, lists, trees and graphs, ER Diagram, Dependency, Normalization, transaction, Concurrency, SQL concepts.
Hands-on training and practice sessions will help participants gain confidence in data structures & algorithms and DBMS concepts, their implementation sessions in C++ and MYSQL software. The course will be useful for the faculty of engineering and sciences who are interested in the learning data structures & algorithms and DBMS.
- Concepts of DBMS, Relational Algebra, EntityRelationship Model: Design, Constraints, Keys, Design, Generalization, Specialization, Aggregation, etc.
- Relational Database design: Functional Dependency – Definition, Trivial and non-trivial FD, Closure of FD set, Closure of attributes, Irreducible set of FD, Normalization.
- Transaction Management: Concepts, serializability, Two-Phase Commit protocol, Recovery and Atomicity, Log-based recovery, Locking mechanism, deadlock.
- SQL Concepts: DDL, DML, DCL, structure –defining constraints – keys, unique, not null, check, IN operator.
- Functions: Aggregate functions, Built-in functions, set operations, sub-queries, correlated sub-queries.
- Introduction to Recursion, Algorithm Analysis, Lists, and Abstract Data Types (ADTs), Skip list.
- Trees: Binary Trees, AVL Trees, Splay Tree, B/B+Trees, Priority Queues (Heaps), Binary Heap.
- Hashing: Hash Function, Separate Chaining, Hash Tables Without Linked Lists, Rehashing.
- For General/ OBC: Rs.750 (General/OBC)
- For SC/ ST: Rs. 500/-
Registration fees include Kit, tea during sessions and working lunch will be provided to the participants. No TA/DA will be paid to any participant. A course completion certificate will be given to all the participants.
- Completed registration forms duly forwarded by Competent authorities (with seal) and registration fee slip should be sent to the email@example.com, latest by 20th -Dec-2019.
- Few accommodations are available in the Institute Guest House on a payment basis which can be provided on first come first serve.
- To download the registration form, click here.
Phone Number: 0947933389
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.