Big data is a term that describes the large volume of data: both structured and unstructured – that inundates a business on a day-to-day basis. To address the above concept, IIT Roorkee along with IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad is conducting a 5-day Workshop/ FDP on Big Data Analytics.
The FDP will help participants to understand and practice big data analytics and its approaches that include modern computing big data technologies, Provide hands-on Hadoop Eco System and Apply analytics on Structured, Unstructured Data. To understand the Big Data Platform and HDFS Concepts and Interfacing with HDFS.
- Learn the various aspects of data handling and how information can be extracted from data.
- Carry out predictions – how to predict, how to analyses predicted values, discuss the importance of variables in a dataset.
- Industries and domains where analytics are used extensively. Guide/Mentor the participants to seek job opportunities in data analyst fields.
- Introduction to Big data & Big Data Challenges.
- The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Data ingestion using Sqoop.
- Data analytical tools in Hadoop, Introduction to Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Introduction to Hive, Hive architecture, Hive Setup, and Commands.
- Creating Databases and Tables, Altering Databases and Tables.
- Apache Kafka, Scaling Apache Kafka, Command Line Tools.
- The program is split into lectures and labs/hands-on sessions.
- Hands-on experience in basic and advanced-level topics.
- Interaction & learning with experts from academia & industry.
- Certificates to participants by E&ICT Academy IIT Roorkee.
Who can Attend?
Program is open to faculty members/research scholars/PG students from colleges/universities and industry personnel working in the concerned/allied discipline.
- Faculty members: ₹ 1000/-
- Research scholars: ₹ 1500/-
- Persons from Industry: ₹ 2000/-
Food and Accommodation will be available on a self-paid basis. No travel allowance will be provided.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The last date to register is January 20, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-1332-28 6457
Email ID: email@example.com