IIT Hyderabad invites applications from Indian nationals who are exceptionally bright and motivated, with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching for positions of Assistant, Associate and full Professors at IIT Hyderabad (www.iith.ac.in) in the following departments:
- Bio Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Liberal Arts
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engg
- Material Science & Metallurgical Engineering
Interested candidates may apply with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae, list of publications (with urls of important publications for online access)
- Proposed research and teaching plan
- Department in which the candidate proposes to work
- Names and Addresses (with email addresses and fax numbers) of at least three referees
Template of the Application form can be downloaded from here.
- If a candidate is interested in applying to more than one department, she/he should submit separate application for each of the department of interest.
- Applications are welcome throughout the year and should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a standing advertisement. There is no specific requirement on when a candidate can submit an application. Applications will be accepted throughout the year, and will be taken up for screening for interview from time to time.
- Recruitment will be based on the need in given areas within the department. However, exceptionally meritorious candidates in any area of specialization pertaining to the said department will also be considered.
- Candidates who expect to receive their Ph.D within the next nine months may also apply. But their appointment to the post, if found suitable, will be subject to their receiving the degree.
- Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation as per Government of India rules – 15%, 7½ % and 27% for SCs, STs and OBCs respectively is applicable at entry level positions of Assistant Professor in Science and Technology departments.
- However, in recruitment of faculty posts in subjects other than science and technology, reservation shall also be applied in full including for the posts of Associate Professors and Professors.
For more details regarding qualifications, pay scale, etc. please see the official notification here.