The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research and development, and a strong commitment to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor in its various scientific divisions and centres.
Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply. Recruitments in higher positions (Associate Professor and above) may also be made depending on experience and suitability of the candidate, and requirement of the division.
- Ph.D. in the appropriate branch; a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with a very good academic record throughout.
- Should have at least 3 years of postPh.D. research/teaching/industrial experience.
- Preferably below 35 years.
- Applied Statistics Division (ASD)
- Computer and Communication Sciences Division (CCSD)
- Physics and Earth Sciences Division (PESD)
- Social Sciences Division (SSD)
- Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division (SQC & OR)
- Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division (TSMD)
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter addressed to the Director, Indian Statistical Institute referring to the advertisement number and its date of publication. The following documents are required (in PDF format).
- Filled in Application Form in the proforma available at the end of this advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
- Proposed research plan
- Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
- Reprints of up to five important publications
A single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents in the order specified above. This single PDF file must be emailed to: faculty_application[at]isical.ac.in with a copy to the Professor-in-Charge/ Head, SQC & OR of the relevant scientific division.
This is a rolling advertisement and is valid from the date of announcement of this notification till December 31, 2021. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply for the positions throughout the year. The recruitment committee(s) will meet regularly subject to the number of vacancies available at that point to consider the applications and arrange for seminars and/or interviews of the short-listed candidates.
The processing will be done based on applications received by April 30, 2021; August 31, 2021 & December 31, 2021 (subject to availability of vacancy).
Level 12 (After completion of three years in service in Level 12, the pay will be fixed at Level 13A1).