The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bengaluru, India, is seeking applications from candidates with outstanding academic records for one or more faculty positions in physical and computational biology at junior and senior levels.
Founded in 2007, ICTS is a unique institution in India with three interlinked missions – programs, research, and outreach. Programs bring together researchers from all over the world, under one roof, to work together to solve the most challenging questions posed by nature; discover the underlying structures across the sciences, and to strive for the unity of knowledge. The ICTS campus provides a modern and well-equipped work environment and also has a guesthouse, a housing complex, healthcare, childcare, and recreational facilities for members and visitors.
- ICTS is seeking applicants with research experience at the interface of biology with physics, mathematics, and computer science.
- Examples of specific research areas that we are looking for include, but are not limited to, physical approaches to cell and developmental biology, computational cognitive neuroscience, and ecology and evolution.
The physical and computational biology unit aims to address fundamental biological questions in a quantitative manner using interdisciplinary methods, and strongly encourages collaborations with experimentalists and theorists. Current research includes mechanobiology, physics of the actomyosin cytoskeleton, active matter, mechanochemical pattern formation in developing embryos.
How to Apply?
- Applications are welcome from persons of all nationalities.
- Applications will be primarily reviewed after the committees’ decision.
- Selected candidate(s) would be expected to teach and mentor graduate students and postdocs, and participate in the activities of ICTS.
- To apply online for the faculty positions, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com