Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), recognised as an Institute of Eminence in India, is synonymous with excellence in higher education and caters to teaching and research in the areas of Natural and Health Sciences, Technology and Management, and Liberal Arts with the state-of-theart facilities.
As a constituent of the Faculty of Liberal Arts – Humanities and Social Sciences, the Department of Philosophy is resolved to create an academic platform for philosophical practice in a diverse academic and professional environment.
The Department of Philosophy complements to the Humanities discourses on scientific investigation on the aspects of human nature, existence and experience; and presents a systematic enquiry to understand the interaction between self and the world, while elaborating the knowledge-making process itself. At the Department, we engage with interdisciplinary approaches, which integrate historical elements in advancing intellectual discourses on the following:
- Ethics, metaphysics and epistemology
- Philosophical literature and aesthetics
- Language, linguistics, didactics and translation
- Comparative studies
- Research and professional competences
Young scholars in Philosophy with a focus on Indian and Western philosophy are invited to apply for the faculty position at the Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, India beginning August 2020.
Qualifications and Competences
- Young scholars with PhD, MPhil or Masters in Philosophy from reputed institutions
- Majored/specifically qualified in aforementioned areas
- Academic background in Indian philosophy
- Engaged in philosophical research
- Literary proficient in English with excellent communication skills
- Sanskrit knowledge – beginner/intermediate level
- High levels of motivation
- Ability to work in teams in multicultural environments
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply with a detailed CV including copies of certificates in support of qualification, experience and a list of publications & research activities on or before April 30, 2020 to:
Deputy Director – HR
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Madhav Nagar, Manipal 576104
Udupi, Karnataka, India
The subject field in the email must contain: Faculty position – Department of Philosophy, MAHE, Manipal
April 30, 2020
Phone: 0820 – 2922525
For further details, click here.