Applications are invited from eligible and meritorious candidates for various Faculty Positions at Mizoram University. Mizoram University is a Central University accredited Grade ‘A’ by NAAC in 2019. Mizoram is one of the most peaceful states in the country.
Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications and Academic/Research scores, furnished with clarity, as laid down in the advertisement.
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Petroleum Exploration
- Biodiversity Research Center
- Center for Disaster Management
- Horticulture, Aromatic & Medicinal Plants
- History & Ethnography
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Clinical Psychology
- Information & Library Science
- Mass Communication
- Industrial Chemistry
For Assistant Professor
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree.
For Associate Professor
- A good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point- scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals.
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/ college as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor, and/ or research experience at the equivalent level at the University/ National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
- Professor: Rs 1,44,200 in Academic Level 14
- Associate Professor: Rs 1,31,400 in Academic Level 13A
- Assistant Professor: Rs 57,700 in Academic Level 10
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The prescribed application fee for Professor and Associate Professor is Rs 1,000.00 (Rs 500.00 for all Women applicant and SC/ST/EWS applicant on submission of supporting Certificate) payable in the form of Bank Draft. The prescribed application fee for Assistant Professor is Rs 500.00 (Rs 250.00 for all Women applicant and SC/ST/EWS applicant on submission of supporting Certificate) payable in the form of Bank Draft.
The application along with Bank Draft/MZU Receipt may be submitted to the Joint Registrar, Establishment, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram – 796004. Applications shall be submitted by superscribing the post applied for along with the Post Code on the envelope by April 24, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org