The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is seeking applications from candidates with outstanding academic records for one or more faculty positions in Mathematics at junior and senior levels.
Founded in 2007, ICTS is a unique institution in India with three interlinked missions – programs, research, and outreach. Programs bring together researchers from all over the world, under one roof, to work together to solve the most challenging questions posed by nature; discover the underlying structures across the sciences, and to strive for the unity of knowledge. The ICTS campus provides a modern and well-equipped work environment and also has a guesthouse, a housing complex, healthcare, childcare, and recreational facilities for members and visitors.
- They encourage applicants with research experience in any area of mathematics (including theoretical computer science) but are particularly interested in applicants whose work straddles more than one mathematical field or connects to other sciences such as physical, biological, and social sciences.
- Examples of specific research areas that we are looking for include, but are not limited to, probability and stochastic analysis, geometry and topology, mathematical physics, dynamical systems and differential equations, scientific computing, applied mathematics in general, and theoretical computer science.
The main idea of the mathematics unit is to develop research that draws inspiration from and connects to different mathematical disciplines and also to encourage collaborations with scientists in areas such as biology, social sciences, earth sciences, computer science, and many others, thus making it an integral part of the scientific ecosystem within ICTS.
How to Apply?
- Applications are welcome from persons of all nationalities.
- Applications will be primarily reviewed after the committees’ decision.
- Selected candidate(s) would be expected to teach and mentor graduate students and postdocs, and participate in the activities of ICTS.
- To apply online for the faculty positions, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.