The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai invites applications for regular faculty positions with the designations: Fellow, Reader, Professor in the broad areas of Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Computational Biology. These are the main research groups at IMSc.
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), funded by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, is a national Institution for fundamental research in the theoretical sciences. Research at the institute is internationally recognized. The institute runs a selective Ph.D. program, supports several scientists at the post-doctoral level, and runs an active visiting scientist program, hosting scientists from all over the world.
- The minimum qualification for an entry-level faculty position is a Ph.D. degree in any of the broad areas listed above or closely allied ones.
- Faculty applicants typically have 2-6 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Suitability for positions at higher levels is determined by the quality of the applicant’s research and their academic profile, including years of research experience following their Ph.D.
Emoluments and benefits at IMSc are among the best available at academic institutions in India and follow central government scales. Off-campus faculty accommodation is provided to faculty members, subject to availability. A House Rent Allowance (HRA) is paid if Institute accommodation is not used or is unavailable. Additional allowances as applicable are also part of the salary package.
Applicants will be expected to have acquired some reasonable measure of international recognition. Their research will be evaluated in terms of its creativity and originality. At a suitable stage, following a pre-screening step that identifies strong applications of interest to specific groups, independent input regarding these will be sought from an international group of referees with specific expertise in the areas of research of short-listed applicants.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by sending in the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including date of birth, nationality, current affiliation, postal and email correspondence addresses, and a list of publications,
- A detailed description of current research interests,
- A concise outline of a planned course of research over a 3-5 year period,
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of 3 academic referees. Applicants should request these referees to send their letters of recommendation in confidence directly to the director at the address below.
- Any other material the applicant feels is relevant to the application (eg. a brief teaching statement, industrial research experience, etc. ).
All application material should be sent electronically to the Director at the email address: email@example.com.
Phone Number: (+91 44) 2254 3100
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.