The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai wishes to recruit Assistant Professors/ Associate Professors with specialization in macroeconomics, international economics, energy/ environment, economics, finance, development economics, industry, agriculture, international trade, labor markets, econometrics
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is a premier research and teaching institution set up by the Reserve Bank of India, for the study of national and international development issues from an economic perspective.
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Visiting Position
For Assistant Professor
- One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications.
- Candidates with at least three years of post-Ph.D. research/ teaching experience may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,27,179/-(excluding HRA) as per 07th CPC.
- Candidates with less than three years of post-Ph.D. research/ teaching experience may be considered for an appointment on a contractual basis.
For Associate Professor
- One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications, and must possess at least six years of research/ teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Chosen candidates will be placed at an appropriate scale based on their experience, with a basic pay not less than Level 13 A2 Cell No. 1 INR 1,39,600/- and a total gross salary of INR 1,71,756/- (excluding HRA) as per 7th CPC.
For Visiting Positions
Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and are awaiting the award of the Ph.D. degree may be considered for visiting appointments on a contractual basis with consolidated pay of INR 91,377/- (excluding HRA) for a period of 1 year and extendable to a maximum period of 2 years.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. Candidates applying online should upload the following documents:
- a covering letter,
- a CV indicating details of educational qualifications,
- experience and publications,
- a passport size color photograph, and
For full notification, click the link below.