The Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education-TIFR, Mumbai, invites applications for faculty positions from candidates with a Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience, and a proven track record of excellence in science, maths or design and technology education.
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a National Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), carrying out research and development in science, maths and technology education (STME). Faculty of HBCSE is responsible for the Ph.D. program in Science Education, and provide leadership to research and development.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience, and a proven track record of excellence in science, maths or design and technology education.
- Additionally, applications are also invited applications from candidates with a Ph.D. and a track record of excellent work in the natural sciences and mathematics, with a background of work in science, maths and technology education (STME).
- Candidates with a Ph.D. in the humanities/social science/education with an excellent track record of work in areas closely related to STME are also invited to apply.
Entry-level faculty members get a salary in the pay level 12 of Basic Pay Rs.78,800/- (total monthly emoluments approximately INR 90,300/-) plus HRA at 24% of basic pay, in lieu of Institute housing (subject to availability), and health care benefits. Candidates with appropriate experience can be considered for higher levels.
How to Apply?
In addition to the full CV please also send the following information separately:
- Name, Date of birth
- M.Sc. subject/ area, Ph.D. topic, Ph.D. year of the award
- Current employment (Designation, Name, and address of Institution),
- Research experience (Eg. PDF/RA, No. of years)
- Teaching experience (Subject/ area, Level, No. of years), Whether passed GATE or NET
- List of up to 5 major peer-reviewed publications, List of popular science or expository writings
- Statement of purpose (Why do you wish to join HBCSE? (In one or two pages), Research proposals (In one or two pages)
Candidates are requested to send applications with a curriculum vitae and names of at least five referees to the Centre Director, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400 088, India.
Phone Number: 25072300 / 25072304 / 25072305
For further details, click here.