The Azim Premji University, Bangalore invites applications for multiple faculty positions from candidates who have been working in various fields of development, Mathematics, Economics, and Philosophy.
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works extensively with the public education system in many states across India, with a clear purpose – to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
- Development Studies
The faculty will engage in curriculum design and development, teaching, and student mentoring. Apart from this there is an opportunity to design and teach elective courses, guide honors student projects in their fields of expertise, and collaborate with others in the field.
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in any field for development practitioners OR,
- Ph.D. in any area of pure or applied Mathematics OR,
- Ph.D. completed, or near completion, in analytic philosophy or a related field OR,
- Ph.D. in any area of economics.
- Ability and interest in teaching and mentoring a diverse body of students.
- Commitment to the university’s aims of education for public service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A long experience of working collaboratively
- Teaching (including training) experience is desirable
How to Apply?
Candidates need to attach the following documents while applying:
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Teaching and Research Statements.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to the email id below
- Completed Information Summary Sheet
The complete application package is to be sent via email to email@example.com.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Faculty Recruitment at Uttarakhand Medical Service Selection Board (UKMSSB), Dehradun [109 Vacancies]: Apply by Jun 8.