Applications are invited for Faculty Positions at the Assistant Professor Level purely on a full-time temporary basis at the University of Madras.
The University of Madras or Madras University is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India, incorporated by an Act of Legislative Council of India under the British government.
No. of Posts (Discipline wise)
- Economics: 3
- History: 3
- Commerce: 3
- Computer Science: 3
- Mathematics: 3
- Psychology: 3
- English: 3
- Management Studies: 3
- Political Science: 2
- Public Administration: 2
- Music: 3
- Geography: 3
- Cyber Forensics: 2
- Sociology: 3
- Sanskrit: 2
- Saiva Siddhantha: 2
- Journalism & Mass Communication/Visual Communication: 3
- Christian Studies: 2
- Human Rights & Duties Education: 2
- Criminology: 2
- Tamil – Regular: 3
- French: 2
- Anthropology: 2
- Education: 2
Eligibility (A or B)
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
For temporary Assistant Professor Level: Rs 30,000/- per month.
Nature of appointment
The appointment is purely temporary for one semester (120 days) or until the appointment of permanent faculty whichever is earlier.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on their academic credentials and UGC norms. Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
How to Apply?
- Duly completed applications forms along with all necessary documents given in the list should be submitted on or before 05.01.2022, addressed to The Registrar, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai 600 005.
- The selected candidates will be required to join immediately.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process of temporary faculty in partial or full without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- This appointment does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
- Incomplete applications/ applications not in the prescribed format will be rejected without intimation.
Jan 5, 2022