The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from Indian Nationals (foreign nationals can be appointed on a renewable contract of five years) with an outstanding track record for faculty positions at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering, is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor Grade-I
- Assistant Professor Grade-II
- Architecture & Planning
- Applied Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Hydro & Renewable Energy
- Management Studies
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Pulp & Paper Technology
- Polymer & Process Engineering
- Water Resources Development & Management
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- Centre of Nanotechnology
- Centre for Transportation systems
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai, and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard.
For Associate Professor
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 6 years experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
For Assistant Professor Grade-I
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/ research/ teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing the Ph.D.
For Assistant Professor Grade-II
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
- Professor: Academic Level 14A of Pay Matrix (Rs.1,59,100-2,20,200)
- Associate Professor: Academic Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 1,39,600-2,11,300)
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500-1,67,400).
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700– 98,200)
The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.16 Rs. 89,800.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 26, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in