The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi invites applications for Professors in Physics and Chemistry in the School of Basic Sciences (SBS) and Professor in Electrical Engineering in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering (SCEE).
Applicants should have a passion for teaching, should be exceptionally motivated, and should have an established record of high-quality research. IIT Mandi promotes an interdisciplinary culture and the faculty can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, and humanities and social sciences.
- Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate discipline/ branch with the consistently good academic record in all preceding degrees.
- A minimum of 10 years’ teaching/research / industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai, and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign Institution(s) of comparable standards
- The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of Ph.D. students, strong research record, including publications in highly reputed peer-reviewed journals, patents, laboratory/course development, sponsored research projects and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
Rs. 1,59,100 – 2,20,200 (minimum pay of Rs 1,59,100) in Academic Level 14A, 7th CPC.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Please use the advertisement number “IIT MANDI/2019/SBS_02” if you want to apply for a Professor position in Physics or Chemistry in the School of Basic Sciences (SBS).
- To apply for the Professor position in Electrical Engineering in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering (SCEE), please use the advertisement number “IIT MANDI/2019/SCEE_03”.
- The last date to apply is February 10, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com