IIT Gandhinagar takes an uncompromising position when recruiting its faculty members. The institute is keen on recruiting those individuals who have demonstrated excellence in research and teaching, and show great promise in continuing to do so.
IIT Gandhinagar receive throughout the year applications without a set deadline by when an application must be received.
The institute are open to receiving outstanding applications in the following departments.
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Individuals whose work is interdisciplinary in nature are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have earned a doctoral degree, must have an excellent academic record and should have demonstrated potential for excellence in research. In addition, as per Government of India norms they must have a first class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) in the preceding degree and fulfill the experience requirements stated below.
- Professor: 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor or equivalent.
- Associate Professor: 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Assistant Professor: 3 years teaching/research/industrial experience post-PhD.
- Assistant Professor: For a fresh Ph.D. the position will be on contract basis for first three years (on Contract) the completion of which it can be regularized.
Scale of Pay
- Professor: Minimum Pay of Rs.48000 in PB4 (Rs.37400 – 67000) plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 10500
- Associate Professor: Minimum Pay of Rs.42800 in PB4 (Rs.37400 – 67000) plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9500
- Assistant Professor: Minimum Pay of Rs.30000 in PB3 (Rs.15600 – 39100)
plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8000
- Assistant Professor: Minimum Pay of Rs.20140 in PB3 (Rs.15600 – 39100)
(on Contract) plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6000
Allowances are as admissible to Central Government employees.
As of January 2016, gross monthly emoluments including allowances work out to approximately INR 151,988, INR 136,643, INR 101,250 and INR 71,897 at the entry levels of the Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on Contract) positions respectively.
This excludes House Rent Allowance (HRA) since IITGN will provide accommodation at its campus on payment of nominal license fees.
To know more details, check the notification given here and visit the official website link given here.